Monday, November 9, 2009

Voice thread allows users to store images, documents and videos on an interactive multimedia innovation. This program is similar to a blog, as it allows other users to leave comments, but it is special in the way that you can leave comments through voice, text audio or vidoe files. This I think is a great idea, but when I comepare it to the innovation Jing that i presented to the class they both have their limitations. Using Voice thread users are only able to store 3 files at a time, and Jing is very time consuming. I think that Voice thread could be a handy innovation for communicating with students, and that they will benifit from the interactive approach. As I have found they enjoy all things to do with using computers, so this is something that they could engage in. It would just be a matter of weighing up the alternative program in Jing and seeing which innovation will suit the class best. As I know how to use Jing (from doing this unit) I would probably prefer Jing, but Im sure with more practice Voice Thread could be just as useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment