Monday, November 9, 2009

Game Maker

Overall, if the program was easier to use Im sure it would have been great, but this week Game Maker didnt really tick all the boxes. I had multiple problems using this innovation, which ultimatley ended my experience when my game that I had spent over 20 minutes preparing exited and I was unable to access the work that I had done. Looking at the other students in my class' games though it was evident that with some effort they were able to finally get their games to work. I would have liked to spend more time on this innovation, and perhaps I will try to make a game again. For this innovation I think it would be one that would be easier to make for the students in the classroom and then they play the game. I think trying to run through the steps and instructions with a class full of kids would be very time consuming and confusing. Overall though I did like the idea of being able to create a game and let studnets play it, it was just dissapointing that I didnt have any luck with figuring out how to make one myself. I found that even following the instuctions to be difficult because there was so many steps involved for all the different movements that the game needed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment